Hey! We have passed the mid-year and left with relatively five months to mark the end of 2020 and ring the bell for 2021! How has the half-year been for you? I know we are experiencing new changes due to pandemic and I hope that you are positively adapting to new norm such as sanitising your hands often, wearing a mask when you heading outside and keeping a safe distance from one another.
If you are new to this segment, I’ll be sharing about 2 or 3 favourites that I have used for June. It can be anything from beauty, makeup, book, music or app. FYI: The product(s) mentioned is/are not sponsored.
Favourite Beauty of the month: MISSHA Time Revolution Red Algae Treatment Essence (150ml)
This red algae treatment essence retails for 39,000 Korean Won and that is equivalent to about 45 SGD. I think the price point is considered affordable as compared to a renowned facial treatment essence. This was newly launched this year in February but I ordered this in mid-May from an online store (Shopee) and the package arrived in early June which is in time for this month favourites!
If you have been wondering is it necessary to include treatment essence in your skincare routine? I would say it is not essential, but it’s good to have one. Facial Essence is a lightweight liquid formulation that adds a level of hydration. Besides, it contains concentrated active ingredients that target different skin concern such as wrinkles, fine lines, dullness and uneven skin tone.
Red algae have been a rising trend in the skincare industry that it was said to have numerous benefits to the skin. MISSHA utilized their technology and slowly ferments at 36.5℃ for 100 days to increase the anti-oxidant power of the Irish Moss extract (also known as red algae) and then it captures the 100% undiluted solution. It has been about a month since I have used the new red algae treatment essence.
What I like about this Time Revolution Red Algae Treatment Essence:
- The essence is suitable for all skin type, especially dull and stressed skin.
- FYI: My skin type is combination-sensitive and up to this point, I did not experience any skin reactivity after application.
- The essence only contains one ingredient which is 100% Chondrus Crispus Extract (scientific name) as stated in the ingredients list.
- Chondrus Crispus is widely known as red algae which is a type of seaweed that is a rich source of nutrients for the skin. It’s highly rich in phenols and fatty acid that gives remarkable moisturising properties to maintain the skin’s natural protective film, replenish the skin’s natural water reservoir, and increase its moisture-retention capabilities.
- It contains high potent antioxidants that help fight free radicals making it a powerful anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory. I did notice that it does reduce the redness on my skin.
- It contains a high concentration level of carrageenan. This form a “protective” film layer on the skin to shield it against environmental stress and damaging air-bone pollutants.
- It absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves no sticky/tacky feeling. The viscosity of this essence is a slight gel-like liquid as compared to their best seller of a water-like viscosity.
Based on the photo, you can see that the essence is slightly pale reddish which comes from the red algae. This is 100% naturally pigment with no artificial colouring. It also contains no fragrance.
Honestly, I couldn’t think of any cons to this product because it was a simple ingredient product. So either your skin loves it or your skin hates it.
Overall, I had a pleasant experience using this for more than a month and it definitely moisture my skin. On top of that, my skin seems to be more “brighter” than before which gives a healthy natural glow. I think this could be a good addition to the skincare routine as our face might experience external stress from wearing a face mask which has become mandatory in our daily life. I highly recommend to those whose skin need protection and and has lost its strength barrier.
My rating for this product:
Disclaimer: I find this product beneficial to my skin but it may or may not works for everyone. Kindly understand that every individual has different skin type and texture. I recommend that you do some research before purchasing the product or patch test on your skin before usage. This is not a sponsored post too.
Click on page 2 for more favourites.